How Does Chiropractic Treat Low Back Pain?
Your back is designed to provide your body support, strength, and flexibility. However, 35% of chiropractic visits are from those seeking back pain relief. Back pain comes in all shapes in sizes – from car accidents and sports injuries to muscle strains – and it’s important to seek a natural treatment option so you can regain full functionality.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a non-surgical and natural treatment alternative that focuses on your body’s natural ability to self-heal. With a holistic belief, chiropractors focus on restoring the proper alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure and improving the relationship between the spine and nervous system.
Chiropractic Health Benefits
With routine visits, chiropractic care provides patients with a non-invasive treatment method that doesn’t require over-the-counter medication that is typically used to manage low back pain. Additional health benefits include:
- Reduced lower back, neck, and shoulder discomfort
- Minimized swelling and inflammation
- Increased functionality and flexibility
- Improved strength and muscle tone
How Do Chiropractors Treat Low Back Pain?
Chiropractic works to relieve the inflammation and pain caused by lower back complications. When you visit your Colorado Springs chiropractor, he will conduct a comprehensive physical and medical history examination to determine the root cause of your low back pain. Once determined, he will develop a personalized treatment plan that not only manages your low back pain, but focuses on providing long-term back wellness.
Your chiropractor may recommend the following low back pain treatments:
- Spinal adjustments: Uses controlled force to manipulate your spinal vertebrae and reposition them into proper alignment. Spinal adjustments reduce nerve irritability, improve range of motion, and restore functionality.
- Massage: Typically performed after an adjustment, massage helps your muscles and joints relax.
- Nutritional counseling: Guidance on how to maintain a healthy diet and exercise plan to prevent future injuries.
Most low back pain treatments are pain-free and last around 45 minutes. However, the frequency of how often you need to visit will depend on your situation.
Discover Low Back Pain Treatment in Colorado Springs
Whether you’re experiencing acute or chronic low back pain, seeking chiropractic treatment is a natural way to regain functionality and overall wellness. Dr. Ammon Jacobson at Smith Chiropractic will develop a treatment plan that targets your pain and allows you to enjoy your life again.
Say goodbye to low back pain! Schedule a consultation with Smith Chiropractic today.