Promoting Overall Wellness with Chiropractic Care
What does “wellness” mean to you? Is it the absence of illness? If that’s the case, you may still feel achy, fatigued, and stressed. Smith Chiropractic focuses on a holistic treatment approach that not only regains your body’s functionality and performance, but also helps you achieve long-term wellness.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic is a holistic scientific and medical approach that treats muscles, joints, connective tissues, bones, and more. As a natural and non-surgical alternative method, chiropractic focuses on restoring body function and supporting the nervous system.
Chiropractic believes that proper alignment of the spine and nervous system will allow the body to heal itself without needing medication or surgery. While traditional medical practices only treat symptoms, Smith Chiropractic has a firm belief that the whole body needs to be treated to achieve physical wellness.
Additional benefits include:
- Improved neck, back, and shoulder pain
- Stronger immune system
- Effective and proactive pain management
- Increased activity and nutritional levels
The Role of the Chiropractor
Chiropractors are experienced medical professionals who specialize in the relationship between the spine and nervous system. Dr. Ammon Jacobson has extensive training in manual adjustment techniques and other physical natural treatment solutions that help eliminate misalignments and pain.
Dr. Ammon Jacobson is experienced in treating the following conditions:
- Sports or car injuries
- Migraines and headaches
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Lower back and shoulder pain
- Poor posture
- Neck pain or text neck
As a holistic health provider, Smith Chiropractic focuses on patient education and strives to become your health partner. By developing personalized treatment plans that target the root cause of your pain, you’re able to improve your wellbeing with long-term health benefits.
Holistic Treatment Options with Chiropractic
When you visit Smith Chiropractic, your doctor will conduct a medical history, physical exam, and potentially an X-ray depending on your unique situation. From there, your chiropractor may recommend one or a combination of the following treatment options:
- Spinal adjustments: Applies controlled force to your spinal joints that are not functioning or positioned correctly. The movement reduces subluxation (partial dislocation of a joint) and increases your range of motion.
- Massage therapy: Promotes healing to your body’s smaller systems, such as limbic and nervous, and improves your chances of a full recovery.
- Disc Injuries: Dr. Jacobson utilizes the McKenzie Method, a patented and critically-acclaimed method of assessing and treating spinal and extremity pain.
- Class IV laser therapy: Uses intense light beams to stimulate nerve and organ supply that results in a more optimal recovery from pain, inflammation, and more.
- Nutritional counseling: Provides guidance on a proper diet and exercise routine that allows your body to recover and prevent future pain.
Achieve Overall Wellness in Colorado Springs
With natural treatment alternatives, you can avoid expensive or addictive medications and focus on improving your body’s functionality and performance. Whether you’re experiencing discomfort or are just looking for a proactive health alternative, Smith Chiropractic provides the solution that’s right for you.
Give yourself the gift of optimal wellness and schedule a consultation today with Smith Chiropractic.